Many people let fears of being stranded at the office or being unable to respond to a family emergency keep them from taking advantage of sustainable commuting options. With the Allston-Brighton TMA Guaranteed Ride Home program, we provide you with up to six free Uber rides home a year in case of an emergency.
Who Is Eligible?
Any employee or tenant of an Allston-Brighton TMA member company member company who is currently using public transit, carpool, vanpool, walking, biking, or telecommuting to work at least three days a week or more is eligible to join.
How does the program work?
- The Guaranteed Ride Home provides you with of up to six FREE rides per year for a qualifying emergency.
- Once you register you will receive access to your first Uber code for use in case of a qualifying emergency.
- When an emergency arises, simply complete the redemption form in the "Rewards" area of your GoMassCommute account to unlock your Uber code. Allston-Brighton TMA will cover all costs for your trip including tolls and gratuity up to a maximum value of $100.
- Log your sustainable commutes on the Android app, iOS app, or web-based version of your online commuter account to earn points and unlock up to six emergency rides each year!
- Reimbursements apply for purchases made in the same calendar year and must be submitted by December 18, 2023.
QUALIFIED USAGE OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- If there is no public transit within 30 minutes of when you need to leave work after
unscheduled, mandated overtime
- Emergency for you or someone you care for
- Illness for yourself or someone you care for
- If there is no public transit with 30 minutes of when you need to leave work after an unexpected change to your carpool or vanpool schedule or damage to your bicycle preventing you to use it to get home
Unqualified USAGE OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Travel from home to work
- Voluntary overtime or "catching up" after work
- Inclement weather or city/state/national emergencies
- MBTA service failure
- For a ride home following out of work time celebrations
- Scheduled meetings, scheduled overtime, or events taking place after normal business hours
- Building evacuations
Tips for a smooth ride
- Register before an emergency arises! Registration can take up to five business days to process. Allston-Brighton TMA operates on a 9am to 5pm, Mon-Fri schedule; if you wait until there is an actual emergency we may not be able to assist you. Allston-Brighton TMA does not reimburse participants who have paid their own ride fare prior to program registration.
How do I sign up?
Signing up is easy! Simply log on to your GoMassCommute account and scroll down to the "Rewards" section at the bottom of your dashboard. Click on the "Guaranteed Ride Home Registration" incentive, complete the registration form, and you are ready to go!
For step-by-step instructions to get started, click here.